Our School Governors work closely as a team particularly with the Headteacher and senior staff on a wide variety of tasks to ensure development of our school which include:
• developing a strategic plan for the school;
• determining school aims, policies and priorities;
• setting targets alongside Headteacher;
• monitoring and evaluating the work of the school;
• appointing staff;
• managing the budget;
• securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour;
• ensuring that all children in the school have access to a broad and balanced curriculum;
• ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff.
These are some of the duties a Governor carries out, but we enjoy the huge satisfaction we get from seeing how rapidly the school is improving and feel valued for our part in it. We are a strong team with a variety of skills who work well together and have a shared commitment to continuing the journey together for the benefit of all our children in the future.
The minutes of our Governing Body meetings are available on request from the School Office.