Good morning Year 4,
Is it Wednesday already? The days seem to just disappear. Perhaps it is all the sunshine we have been enjoying! We hope you are all managing to stay safe in the sunshine. Remember to keep covered up or go indoors during the hottest part of the day.
We are really enjoying making all of your home school resources, but we miss your smiling faces! We even miss the chit chat on the carpet. Only joking!! You are all excellent students and we know you will be 'working your socks off' at home.
Today we have a great writing task, which we are sure you will enjoy and our class favourite 'mental maths'. Who is enjoying ticking or fixing those answers? We wish we could see how well you are doing! One of our favourite jobs is marking those fabulous pieces of work you create. Can you imagine how many raffle tickets would have been earned by now and how many trips to show Mr Newton your work? We are so proud of you all!
1. Mark your mental maths (5 minutes)
2. Use TT Rockstars, Purple Mash or Hit the Button to practice your times tables. Especially the 7s, 8s and 9s. (15 minutes)
3. Answer 1 set of mental maths questions. Remember set 2 is a little more challenging. (20 minutes)
4. Write your own poem - Beneath the Black Hat (30 minutes)
5. Design your own hat. You could write your poem on top of your drawing, or make a secret flap and write it inside. (20 minutes)
6. Practice reading your poem out loud with expression to an audience, or another poem/story of your choice. You will find lots on Purple Mash. (10 minutes)
We hope you enjoy these activities. Remember, just to do the tasks you can. Stay safe and keep smiling.
Mrs Barnes, Ms Jarvis and Mr Goldsbrough