Hello again Year 4. How did you find the yesterday's work? Hopefully you managed to do something, whether it be a bit of reading, TT Rock Stars or some of the tasks we set for you. Did you enjoy the poem, The Black Hat? We hope so. We really liked the animation as it made the woods seem really ominous (Do you remember that word from our writing when we were in school. It means the feeling that something bad is going to happen?).
Here are today's tasks. I know we keep on saying it, but we want to make sure that you only do what you can. It can be difficult at times, especially if you are sharing the phone or computer with other people in your family. Therefore, do what you can and please don't worry.
Mr Goldsborough, Mrs Barnes and Ms Jarvis
1. Mark your mental maths. (5 - 10 minutes)
2. Mark your RIC task (5- 10 minutes)
3. Mark you writing. You need to look where we put the commas. (5 - 10 minutes)
4. Today's Mental Maths. You know by know that Mental Maths 2 is slightly harder. (20 - 25 minutes)
5. Writing task. This is on two pages, so make sure you scroll down. The example is on the second page, which will be really helpful to you. Our example was eight sentences long. We would expect you to do between four and eight sentences. Remember to think carefully about each sentence. Say it first before you write it down if that helps. Use any of our ideas to help you. (20 - 25 minutes)